India by the Bay brings India’s cultural dynamism and rich diversity to Hong Kong with a programme fusing the classical and the contemporary and encapsulating music, theatre, dance, food, film, and literature.
The festival promises an eclectic mix of artistic expression through a weeklong exposition featuring:
- an introduction to popular, much-loved and powerful actor Rishi Kapoor;
- a music performance by acclaimed violinist and composer Dr. L Subramaniam;
- a culinary demonstration and food experience with chef and food writer Manju Malhi;
- a powerful contemporary theatre production Dance Like a Man;
- a performance by one of India’s foremost Kathak dancers Aditi Mangaldas;
- a conversation on the ancient and contemporary representations of the Ramayana with Mahaveer Swami;
- a Bollywood dance class with Gilles Chuyen;
- a talk on Indian textiles and the sari by craft revivalist and art designer Laila Tyabji;
- a multi- programmed Family Day with various events and activities.
Please check details of individual events on our Playtimes Events page listings.