Reading Time: < 1 minute
Simple-to-find ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes from celebrity chef Annabel Karmel will make mealtimes a breeze.
Makes 2 portions
Equipment required: 10 bamboo skewers
- 2 chicken breasts
- Small piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated (about 1 tsp)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime, reserve 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 100g peanut butter(crunchy)
- 75ml coconut milk
- 75ml water
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes to stop them from scorching when grilling.
- First, mix the marinade. In a bowl, combine the grated ginger, crushed garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey and peanut butter and whisk together.
- Put the chicken breasts into a sealable plastic bag or cover with cling film and use a mallet or rolling pin to bash them until they are about ½ cm thick.
- Marinate the chicken. Slice each chicken breast into 5 strips and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is marinating, you can make the sauce. Put the peanut butter, coconut milk, water, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a small pan. Warm gently, stirring constantly, until everything has melted. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat, then stir in the reserved tsp of lime juice and set aside.
- Thread the chicken strips onto skewers and put on a foil-lined baking sheet. Grill each side for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
For the marinade
For the sauce
Annabel’s Family Cookbook