Chinese New Year is coming soon. Busma Butt shares with you how to make this beautiful Blossom Tree Collage with your little one.
- Plain paper (preferably white colour so the flowers show up better)
- A red pocket (I always reuse mine)
- Red and orange tissue paper
- Brown marker pen
- Red and orange Do-a-Dot markers (optional)
- Shiny flower-shaped deco (optional)
How to make it
1. Glue the red pocket to the bottom of the plain paper.
2. Draw the tree branches with the brown marker pen.
3. Tear up the tissue paper into small pieces and scrunch them up into little balls (which will be the flowers for the tree). You can ask your child to help (they love it!). It is also a great way to practice their fine motor skills with their little fingers.
4. Decorate the tree with the tissue paper and marker pens (and the shiny deco if you have them).
This is very simple to make with your little one. It looks beautiful simply as a display in the house, or you can transform it into a card and it serves a great gift for the grandparents.
Busma Butt offers advice on having fun with kids around Hong Kong. https://happymindswithbusma.wordpress.com