Reading Time: 4 minutesWith Father’s day around the corner, it’s time to get the thinking caps on and search for the perfect gifts for dad. We’ve rounded up our top gift ideas for men, so you don’t have to!
Best for Style
Merci Dandy Experience
Looking for unique gifts for dad? Why not choose a Merci Dandy Experience. Clothes and accessories from premium brands are hand-selected just for him, based on his style and preferences. There’s no subscription, and no styling fees. How it works:
- Answer a few questions about his tastes, style and sizes.
- Schedule a free delivery of the hand-selected clothing to his home/work.
- Take 5 days to try everything on and decide what to keep and return unwanted items for free.
Gift Cards are also available, to book visit www.mercidandy.com
Bose Frames Alto
You can never have enough sunglasses as far as we’re concerned, and these Bose frames go one step further. Designed for sun blocking and quality audio experience, the Bose Alto sunglasses will allow him to interact with the world freely, whilst listening to music. A genius gift for dad! Features include:
- Scratch and shatter resistant nylon frames
- 99% UV protection
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity with 9m range
- Miniaturised Bose speakers
- Power on/off, play/pause music, access Siri/Google
- Battery life: 3.5 hrs of streaming music playback and 12 hrs on standby with a full charge.
Available from Lane Crawford for HKD $1699
For the Well Groomed Man
Aesop – Moroccan Neroli Shaving Duet
Gone are the days when men weren’t too fussed about their skincare regime, and what women doesn’t want her partner to have smooth, soft skin?! Aesop have the answer with their Moroccan Neroli shaving serum and Moroccan Neroli post-shave lotion. Guaranteed to leave skin feeling calm and hydrated. A great gift for dad. Available in store and online at HKD $580. Aesop.
Redefining heritage for the modern day, Penhaligon’s is a creative perfumer, characterised by their long standing relationship with the Royal family. From the Penhaligon’s Portraits collection, Roaring Radcliffe is a smoky mix of rum, tabacco and gingerbread. A spicy scent with a touch of sweetness. Each full fragrance bottle can be personalised with an engraving, making it one of the truly personal gift ideas for him. Available in store at IFC Mall and Harbour City. Visit Penhaligon’s for more information.
For the Bartender
The Frequent Flyer Set
These classy carry on kits come with all the essentials you need to create your favorite cocktails, in a handy little reusable tin. The frequent flyer set includes five varieties of Carry On Cocktail Kits, including the Old Fashioned, Gin & Tonic, Moscow Mule, Bloody Mary and Champagne Cocktail. Each kit includes a recipe card, you just need to add the hard stuff! Available from W&P for $100 USD + Shipping.
Love Beer? How about a workshop on how to brew beer at home! The course includes:
- Introduction to Beer and Brewing Process – Learn about the 4 basic elements of beer and 6 basic steps of brewing.
- The Brewing Experience – Start brewing under step-by-step guidance within a group.
- History of Beer and Craft Beer Appreciation – Learn how brewers create aromas, colors, flavors and textures from common ingredients.
- Bringing Home Your Homebrew – At the end of the workshop, you have the option to bring home your own batch of homebrew, together with a brewing kit* to complete the “homebrewing” experience.
Workshops start from HKD $680. For bookings contact email@example.com or phone 59252739. *Brewing kit priced at HKD $600
3 Month Gin Tasting
If you’re partner loves a good Gin & Tonic than this experience is for him! Over 3 months, he will be introduced to 9 gins from around the world. Alongside each gin, there will be detailed tasting notes to guide your journey. With suggestions for pairings and how to make the perfect Gin & Tonic so you can get a clear picture of what’s in your glass tube and get the best out of it. The gin box can be delivered anywhere in Hong Kong or Macau. Priced at HKD $1300, surprise your loved one with this pretty special gift idea for men.
For more information and to book visit Spoilt.
For The Tech Type
Runelli Wireless Base Station
A 3 in 1 wireless base station designed for charging Apple Watch, iPhone, and AirPods makes for the perfect gift for dad. With a minimalistic sleek design this functional charging hub will make a nice addition to any bedside table.
- Compatible with iPhone 8 and newer iPhones
- Works with AirPods Pro and AirPods with Wireless Charging Case
- All Apple Watch Models
- LED wireless charging indicator
- Works with USB-C for maximum convenience
- 10W wireless charging
Available from Runelli for USD $51
For the Mid Life Crisis
Looking to sharpen those photography skills? Why not treat him to a photography workshop. Open to shooters of all levels, this course will take you to the streets of Hong Kong for a half-day of urban photography learning new techniques and experimenting more creatively with composition. No prior knowledge or specific camera is necessary, you can even use an iPhone! Or rent a camera. Prices start from HKD $1480, and be sure to book as spots fill up very quickly. For more information and options visit click852.
Looking for a really exciting gift idea for men? To get the adrenaline going, this entry could be just the ticket! Send him off for the day for some Motocross – off-road motorcycle racing on enclosed off-road circuits. MXClub offers beginner courses as well as quad biking inside. Prices start from $800. Visit MXClub for more information.
These 7 unique gift ideas for men will make the man in your life very happy, all you have to do is pick one…
Main photo courtesy of Shutterstock; photo 2 courtesy of Merci Dandy; photo 3 courtesy of Lane Crawford online; photo 4 courtesy of Aesop; photo 5 courtesy of Penhaligon’s, photo 6 courtesy of W&P; photo 7 courtesy of HK Brewcraft; photo 8 courtesy of Runelli; photo 9 courtesy of Click852; photo 10 courtesy of MXClub.
- The Best Creative Workshops in Hong Kong
- A Guide to Making Gifts Memorable
- 10 Hong Kong Experience Gifts for Him or Her