We know all mums are very busy, but did you know using just 5 minutes you can prepare an easy educational quiet time activity for your little one to learn and play?
Busma Butt shares one of her all time favourite, a simple “Look and Find” activity.
- Paper (any plain paper will do)
- Coloured pens
How to do it:
- On a piece of paper draw a picture with simple outline and huge empty space inside the picture (so that you can fill in the patterns as explained later).
- Fill in the items you would like your little one to look for (see my ideas below)
- Write down a simple instruction on the top.
That’s it. Very simple.
The reason why this is one of her favourites is that it is very versatile. Here are some of her suggestions.
- Chinese New Year
- Transportation etc…
Items to look for (for young toddlers):
- Numbers (numerals)
Items to look for (for older kids):
- Numbers (in words, English, Chinese, and other languages)
- Sight words
Size of the paper:
- Normal A4 paper as a morning work activity for example
- Or stick several pieces of A4 together and make it as a huge piece of paper, it would be great fun for a playdate / party game
- This simple activity helps your child on:
- visual spacial awareness
- self esteem (when the task is complete )
Busma Butt offers advice in having fun with kids around Hong Kong. https://happymindswithbusma.wordpress.com