Reading Time: 2 minutes
Join the challenge: Fun, free art competition
Share the competition with your school, a teacher, another parent, or a student. Become part of the voices for the wild with the fun free art competition.
Protecting Hong Kong’s future
Did you know Hong Kong waters have a higher coral diversity than the Caribbean Sea? About 40% of Hong Kong’s total land area is designated as country parks, and although Hong Kong’s marine area is only ~0.03 % of that of China, the number of marine species recorded in Hong Kong accounts for ~26 % of the total recorded in all of China.
What wonderful nature we’re enjoying and surrounded by here in Hong Kong. It’s a true treasure worth protecting so our children can live in a world full of green mountains and rich wildlife.
How to get involved
When: February 14 to May 22, 2023
Theme for the fun free art competition: Whispering Reef
Coral reefs provide an important ecosystem for life underwater, protect coastal areas by reducing the power of waves hitting the coast, and provide a crucial source of income for millions of people. Children will be able to learn about the different coral reefs and sea creatures by creating wildlife art with LumiVoice guidelines while developing love and compassion towards these wonderful creatures.
Who can join the challenge?
- Ready-to-use guidelines for educators so they can save time to create a biodiversity education program
- Free of charge biodiversity education materials so schools can easily participate even without funding
- A diverse pool of wildlife experts and artists so children can experience learning outside-the-box
- Children gain exposure to international talents through our biodiversity workshops
- Individual guidelines for each category
- Music and video stems
- Research template
You may also like: Explore Hong Kong’s Diverse Nature and Wildlife
Things to do This Month in Hong Kong