Glögg is the Swedish version of mulled wine. This recipe will keep you warm for sure.
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 200 ml orange juice (to be cooked down to 100 ml)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges or clementines, both zest and juice, why not add a lime too
- 4 cloves
- 4 cracked cardamon pods
- 4 thumb size knob of freshly grated ginger
- 100 ml of sugar or honey (depends how sweet you like it)
- A dash of whiskey or brandy if you fancy something a little stronger!
credit to the SWEDISH CULTURE Swedish Winter @TST 2019
Find more recipes here